Growing Works vision is to nurture healthy lives, empowering vulnerable people to build resilience. We don’t only grow vegetables, we grow people.
Our aims are:
◊ To promote good health in communities by providing inclusive and creative opportunities for physical activity
◊ To aid mental wellbeing though the provision of outdoor therapeutic activity for:
- Families with complex needs
- People in isolated and vulnerable circumstances
- People with mental health issues
◊ Provide education on the natural environment and the seasons through gardening and outdoor activities, particularly focusing on engaging young people and children.
◊ To run an outdoor therapeutic centre offering activities and training to a community of 500 members alongside providing satellite services to local boroughs.
◊ To be part of a community of services breaking down barriers to inclusion.
Growing Works values are empowering people by:
• Connecting to the natural world
• Creating inclusive and supportive communities
• Improving health and happiness