Growing Works strive to nurture healthy lives outdoors.
Our aims are:
To promote good health in communities by providing inclusive and creative opportunities for physical activity
To aid mental wellbeing though the provision of outdoor therapeutic activity for:
- Families with complex needs
- People in isolated and vulnerable circumstances
- People with poor mental health
Provide education on the natural environment and the seasons through gardening and outdoor activities, particularly focusing on engaging young people and children.
To run an outdoor therapeutic centre offering activities and training to the local community and across Kirklees.
To be part of a community of services breaking down barriers to inclusion.
Growing Works values are empowering people by:
• Connecting to the natural world
• Creating inclusive and supportive communities
• Improving health and happiness